Not Really a Blog

March 28, 2012

Flickr and Getty images

Filed under: Flickr, Photography — Tags: , , — jesus @ 04:31

Yesterday I had this surprise on flickr. I got an email from Flickr HQ saying that 5 of my photographs had been chosen by a Getty Images Editor because they think they could sell, so they’ve invited me to open an account on Getty Images with, initially, these images so that they can be sold. If they sell them you get paid a royalty. Not much, but I find this very exciting.

And it opens me to the possibility of submitting more of my photographs so that they can review them and approve them if they think they can sell.

The photographs that have been admitted are:

Hoi An 2
Vietnamese boats

The colours of Bodrum III
Fruits in Bodrum

Best Friend IV
Dog stretching

Mariquitas
Ladybirds on Mount Etna

And my absolute favourite from all times:

Empire State Building V
Snowy NYC at dusk

What do you think? I’m willing to give it a go. Not sure about the one from NYC, although that’s probably the one that’s more likely to be sold.

About these ads

9 Comments »

1. Hey, those are great pictures. Good on you.

Comment by Alfred Phua — March 28, 2012 @ 05:00

2. Dog stretching = my favourite!

Comment by tiffyrue — March 28, 2012 @ 05:11

3. Wow! I wish I could be as good as you in taking pictures! Dog stretching is amazing!

Comment by Mary — March 28, 2012 @ 07:30

4. Great photos!! Love the pup!!

Comment by With her own wings she flies... — March 28, 2012 @ 11:46

5. From what I’ve heard, you tend not to make that much from the royalties, but that it is good for your photographic CV. Good luck!

Comment by ogre — March 28, 2012 @ 12:36

• Yeah, well, not doing it for the money, but more for the opportunities it might bring (?). Who knows! :)

Comment by jesus — March 31, 2012 @ 15:36

6. Great Pictures! I suggest you try it out and see what happens! Good Luck!

Comment by Mrs. Sasu — March 28, 2012 @ 13:54

7. Go for it! These pictures are great, I especially ‘Vietnamese Boats’.

Comment by lincolnshirepeasant — April 19, 2012 @ 21:49